Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 5 of My Journey- 3/19/2010

Another great day. I went to the gym for my workout and I even managed to do the exercises in the proper sequence this time!! I did much better with the workout than I did on Monday, but don't get me wrong, it was still very challenging and I promptly took a nap when I got home. I was able to increase the weight by 5 lbs. on a few of the arm exercises and I increased by 10 lbs. on the legs. I also practiced the proper form on the lunges and this made a huge difference. My knees weren't screaming at me this time.

I was very proud of myself for doing 3 sets of 5 reps on the ab crunch machine. Last time I was only able to do 1 set of 5 reps. I still did not add any weight to the machine. That will come later. I was just so excited to be able to do 15 reps- three times more than last time! Also, I can feel my confidence is growing each day. I realized that I was not concerned about who was watching me or looking at me when I was exercising. I didn't even care that my butt was facing the big, giant mirror while doing the back extensions- now that's progress!

2 comments:

Adam Freeman PT said...

Awesome! Great to hear that your confidence in coming around. That is the toughest part and once you gain more and more, it is all downhill from there.

Keep up the fantastic work!!!

God Bless,

Adam

Robin said...

Looks like you're having a good (and tough) first week! It's almost over! Keep it up! It always gets better!

 

© OMB Designs