Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 2 of My Journey- 3/16/2010

Day 2 started off as I suspected- with lots of soreness!! I could glimpse the soreness last night and even took two Advil, but never thought I would have been this sore by morning. I did go the gym again today for my one hour of cardio on the elliptical machine.

My target heart rate is 146 for fat burning. So, my goal was to get a full 60 minutes on the elliptical at a heart rate of 146. It only took one minute for my heart rate to reach my target! As I continued exercising, my heart rate was creeping up to around 155-160. I tried slowing down to get my heart rate closer to my goal, but when I went too slow the machine would pause my workout- very annoying. I never did manage to get my heart rate below 160 for most of the workout for this reason. Also, my toes kept falling asleep towards the end of the workout. I must have been putting pressure on a certain spot in my foot or something.

I was able to complete the entire hour and burned 699 calories and my total distance was 3.72 miles. I felt really good about this workout in the end. We'll see how sore I am tomorrow. At least I will sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3.72 miles - that's awesome! Keep up the great work!

 

© OMB Designs