Monday, April 26, 2010

Days 36-42 of My Journey- 4/19-4/25/2010

I was up 5 lbs. since last week. I guess the 7 lb. loss last Monday was too good to be true. I was a little discouraged about this, but I know I have to keep going and just stick with the plan that Adam has developed for me.

The workouts went well this week. I am still using the increased weights with fewer reps and this is working pretty well for me. I also continue to add more jogging to my cardio days.

I started a new clinical rotation for pharmacy school at UPMC this week. I quickly got a few good reasons to continue losing weight. First, my feet, legs, and back haven't hurt this bad in a long time. I am definitely not used to being on my feet all day.

Secondly, I have to wear scrubs because I am working in surgery and you have to use the ones provided by the hospital. You can't bring scrubs from home.

On my first day, one of the surgical interns got some scrubs for me to wear. I tried to put them on and couldn't even get the pants past my knees and the shirt would not even go over my chest. I had to ask her to go back to the locker room and get me a larger size and these were still extremely tight on me. I haven't been that embarrassed in a long time. Scrubs are not supposed to be form fitting!! I had to secretly raid the men's locker room in order to find a shirt that fit me better. I couldn't find larger pants though. I guess I will have to live with my skin tight pants.

I also had to go to another UPMC location the next day and had the same problem, only this time the scrubs were purple instead of the standard blue. I looked like Barney in spandex. So humiliating...I can only imagine what the OR staff was thinking when I came out of the locker room.

This rotation lasts for another 4 weeks. Hoping I am more comfortable in scrubs by the end of that time. Also hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow.

No comments:

 

© OMB Designs