Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 19 of My Journey- 4/2/2010

I missed my workout today. I went to church to see my grandmother perform in the Easter Passion Play. She played a townsperson and an angel. I wouldn't have missed this for the world and I couldn't be more proud of her.

Since I don't have any workout info to share today, I thought I would share some of my thoughts about my journey so far. At the beginning of this journey, I was mostly concerned about my ability to keep up with the workouts. I have since discovered that the far bigger challenge is keeping on track with the diet plan.

The workouts are very challenging, but they only take about an hour each day. Fighting all of the food temptations is a constant battle. It is something I have to monitor every minute that I am awake. It is amazing how many commercials, billboards, etc...I see throughout the course of a day that promote some type of fast food, pizza, restaurant, or otherwise unhealthy food.

I get especially tempted when I am stressed, sad, tired, or overly hungry. It might sound strange, but there are days where each meal is a battle. I have to say that it feels SO GOOD when I am strong and choose the healthy foods. I also keep a small piece of paper in my pocket that says "Eating _____ doesn't taste as good as thin feels." Just fill in the blank with whatever unhealthy food you are craving. This has helped me stay on track.

No comments:

 

© OMB Designs