Monday, May 31, 2010

Days 71-77 of My Journey- 5/24- 5/30, 2010

I had a good weigh-in this week- down 2 lbs! Of course, I always wish it was more, but I am learning to be more patient with this process.

I tried something new this week (compliments of Joe, of course). He had me try the abs workout from P90X. You may have seen the infomercial for P90X. It is a really intense total body workout regimen. I had been teasing Joe recently by telling him that P90X couldn't possibly be that hard and would poke fun at him when he would say how sore he was. So, he challenged me the other night to do the abs section with him. It is a 16 minute workout. I thought I could suffer through anything for 16 minutes- right? WRONG! I was able to do some of the exercises, but not very many and even then, I didn't keep up with all the reps. I wasn't able to do the other exercises at all. Yes, Joe officially schooled me here- I admit it. Remember this, Joe, I may not ever admit this again :) Here's the funny part-- I was still incredibly sore for about 3 days after. I'm talking very sore- from my chest to my hips and side to side. Now I am hooked. I am more determined than ever to conquer this, too. Why do I struggle so much with the abs? I don't know the answer to this, but I do know that I need some major work in this area. Honestly, I was still proud of myself for being able to do as much of the workout as I did. After seeing how hard these exercises are, I was surprised I was able to do any at all. So, all in all a great experience.

I hate to keep patting myself on the back, but I have done so good with my eating this week. I could have been really bad given the fact that my parents ordered pizza one night and I had my family over for Memorial Day. Needless to say, we had tons of food and dessert available. I actually managed to refrain from dessert completely and ate very reasonably all week. I find that encouragement from other people makes all the difference for me in this area. When I feel like others are involved and rooting for me, it makes me want to stick to the program even more. Thanks to Joe and Allison for encouraging me and working out with me. It means the world to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're almost 2 weeks behind - we need an update already! From your #1 "anonymous" fan - L8R

 

© OMB Designs