Thursday, May 20, 2010

Days 57-63 of My Journey- 5/10-5/16/2010

I had another good week with my workouts at the gym and had a really good run on Saturday. I was able to run my farthest distance so far and was also able to pick up my pace a little more (thanks to Joe). My legs were really tired after this run on Saturday. I have also tried a few new things at the gym, like doing my cardio sprints on the elliptical or treadmill instead of the stationary bike. I tried a few different leg machines too. This has added a little variety to my workout and has helped me use some different muscles on occasion.

On the subject of food...I heard about a book on Oprah last week called Women, Food, and God. They talked about some interesting concepts like how to have a healthy relationship with food, emotional eating, etc... I might see if I can find it at the library. Seemed interesting on the TV show. It sounds like it had some lessons/workbook that you could complete as part of your personal study. I think they are having a follow up show in 2 months to follow a group of women that are reading the book together and completing the lessons. I'll be interested to hear what they have to say.

Looking forward to improving my running even more this week. I have to say, I don't always love it during the actual workout, but it feels so, so good when I'm done!! That is what keeps me going some days.

No comments:

 

© OMB Designs